Have you ever needed to clean your bathroom at the last minute do to unexpected guests informing you they’re on their way for a visit? If not, good for you! However, for those of us who have experienced this there’s a simple solution.
You can actually use items most people have available to the house as a quick and smart solution. Yes, it’s true.
Here’s how you can create a great cleaning solution for your bathroom prepared in a very eco-friendly way. Not only do you get to help your home but also the environment when you prepare your own home-made cleaning products. Back to the bathroom – here are the ingredients – 1) A grapefruit and 2) Lots of salt
- Simply cut a grapefruit in half and save the rest to enjoy later. :-)
- Take some salt and sprinkle it over the grapefruit flesh- use plenty of salt.
- Moisten or gently wet areas of the bathroom you want to clean, like the sink, tub or shower and sprinkle some salt on these areas too.
- Thoroughly scrub all the surfaces with the grapefruit cleaner you have created! Yes, the grapefruit you’re holding with the salt sprinkled on top. Remember to use a generous amount of salt. Why does this work? Citrus juice has an excellent cleaning power.
- When you’re finished cleaning just rinse off any excess pulp and salt. Your bathroom surfaces will smell amazing and not only shiny but germ-free.
There are so many home remedies for cleaning. Look for simple solutions using vinegar, lemon, baking soda, salt and water. These ingredients are perfect for easy green cleaning. Search online for a few simple ideas.